Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
On Saturday, Sept. 20, events are in NYC, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.. with presentations at MOMA by experts including --
- an introduction by Mark F. Rockefeller will begin the program.
- The Keynote Speaker is author, historian, and political commentator Richard Norton Smith, a nationally recognized authority on the American presidency and a familiar face to viewers of C-SPAN, as well as The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer,
- Other speakers include Cynthia B. Altman, Kykuit Curator;
- Dr. Mary Schmidt Campbell, Chair, New York State Council on the Arts;
- Dr. Clifton Wharton, Jr., noted economist, presidential appointee, and former Chancellor, State University of New York;
- Robert R. Douglass, former legal counsel and Secretary for Governor Rockefeller.
The program moves to the Hudson Valley on Sunday, with special tours of Governor Rockefeller's art collection and the work of the Archive Center.
Tickets for this special Nelson A. Rockefeller Centennial Weekend are $125 per person, or $100 per person for members of Historic Hudson Valley or the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Contact Historic Hudson Valley.